RPA and Selenium share the same goal of running the business more smoothly. However, what is difference between RPA and Selenium? Both are data-driven and follow a rule-based flow.
First, let’s define each accordingly.
Or the Robotics Process Automation. This is highly useful in automating repetitive tasks. Of which is supposed to be by humans. RPA highly depends on AI or Artificial Intelligence.
Moreover, it can do tasks like recordkeeping, data mining, and data analysis. Not to mention how it can also automate complex calculations.
However, RPA is not part of a company’s basic IT feature. That is because of its high-cost. As a result, this is not affordable. And the demand is not that high, even with its robust features for a business.
Features of RPA
- Best for repetitive tasks
- Less human errors involved
- Highly reliable in automating even complex workflows
- Empowers a business through the software bots, in place of humans
- More accurate business calculations, operations, and data extraction
On the other hand, selenium is an automated testing framework. It can run tests and validations over various browsers. Browsers available include Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Safari.
Moreover, Selenium is compatible with different programming languages. For example, Java, C#, Ruby, and Python.
Selenium is made up of 4 tools. Each tool is designed for different automation testing needs. These are:
- Next, Selenium Remote Control
- Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
However, Selenium is solidly for automating tests on web applications. So Selenium is not compatible with both desktop and mobile applications.
Features of Selenium
- Selenium is a free open-source tool. Plus, it supports several testing functions. This is why many developers opt for Selenium.
- Also, Selenium offers huge browser support. As mentioned, it supports various browsing platforms.
- Flexible language support is another remarkable feature of Selenium. It supports not only Java, but also Perl, groovy, and more.
- Lesser Resources is required. This is in comparison with Selenium’s competitors such as UFT and RFT.
RPA & Selenium Differences
This is one key difference. Because RPA automates business processes. Which includes calculations, recordkeeping, data extraction, and analysis.
Whereas Selenium automates solely on tests for web applications.
Areas Of Automation
Another factor is the different areas of automation.
RPA automates backend processes.
Whereas, Selenium automates web pages.
Price and Affordability
Moreover, the two differ greatly in pricing. That is because Selenium is for free. While RPA is paid.
For instance, the best RPA tools available are UiPath. Also, Automation Anywhere, and Blue Prism. Although UiPath offers a free version for the community edition. But the premium account, which is for businesses, is licensed.
The fourth difference is their level of automation.
For example, RPA is best for simplifying complex processes. It can even maintain a huge amount of data.
However, Selenium is not into clerical processes.
RPA is divided into four steps. Namely, analysis, bot development, testing, then deployment, and maintenance.
However, Selenium is more complex with 5 components. Namely, test plan, basic test case generation, enhancement, and execution, and debugging. Lastly, test analysis and defect reporting.
Rate this post: