What is a GUI script? How does it work? And what are its advantages and disadvantages? Read this post to get an overview of the GUI script. And how we benefit from it today.
What Is A GUI Script?
GUI stands for “Graphical User Interface.” It’s a system of interactive visual components. It’s also a visual representation of communication to users. As a result, this helps for easy interaction with the machine.
Also, GUI displays objects that convey information. Moreover, it’s the interface that includes displays like buttons and icons. Also, communication is performed by interacting with these icons. Not by the usual text-based or command-based communication.
Microsoft operating systems are a common example of GUI. For example, in the case of Windows 7 and MS-DOS, Windows 7 is much easier to use.
That’s because it’s harder to communicate with the machine through MS-DOS commands. And what’s the secret of Windows 7? Yes, it’s the GUI script.
GUI helps the user to understand the functionalities present within the computer. And that is through Graphical icons.
So by clicking the icon, the actions and desired communications are initiated.
How Does It Work?
GUI uses icons, menus, and windows to carry out commands. Users use a pointer to click on the icon which initiates a series of actions. An application will then get started.
The user will provide input to generate the desired action from the machine. GUI will translate the user language. And then, the machine will respond to the tasks initiated.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of GUI Script
Listed below are the advantages and disadvantages of GUI:
- It is visually appealing. Also, it helps anyone to get involved in working with the machine.
- Anyone with no computer knowledge can use and perform its basic functions.
- Users do not need to know any programming languages.
- You can only do what is pre-programmed by the developers.
- You can’t change the basic functionality.
- It also takes more power for the system to function.
- It’s also slow compared to a simple command-based interface.
- GUI consumes more memory space.
- It may be simple for users. But it’s not that simple for programmers who have o design and apply each function.
- If the function is not present, then the user must know the commands. If not, then he is stuck with it at the exact point.
Why Should We Use GUI?
First, the whole effort was put into developing a GUI. And this helps the user to perform the tasks much easier. Also, we want to use it because it’s simple.
How Will GUI Help You In Growing Your Career?
The GUI will help you no matter what job you do. If your job requires a computer, then you will also require a GUI. Moreover, GUI development will always be a bright prospect for Developers.
Before the start of the GUI, there was only CLI (Command Line Interface). But, now everyone owns a computer and has a basic knowledge of how to use it. And that’s the achievement of the GUI script.
Rate this post: